1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Strength of 'NEW' HEMI block.

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Agent86, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Agent86

hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the limits of the actual block of the new hemi.. Im aware that the standard rotating assembly isnt up to much, but i would like to use this engine in a buture build..

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

there are a couple of guys doing allright with 600 hp on hemi rams over at thedodgeforum.com .

3. draco

has anyone pushed over 1k hp yet??

4. MagnumDak

there are a few lx guys pushing upwards of 7-800 rear wheel on the 6.1 block (1000hp flywheel). I've seen alot of builds on the boards and havent seen a cracked block, yet. Just stock pistons cracking.

5. Agent86

apart from the bores are the blocks really any different? mds aside?

6. MagnumDak

that, I'm not sure about. I do remember seeing that the 6.1s had oil squirters under the pistons. IIRC 6.1 short blocks are about $2kish

7. SHEPP

???
    To the Top
    ???

8. dragula426

9. PrecisionTurboMustang

Seems like there are not a ton of guys trying to push them yet. Time for someone to step up. I would really like to turbo my ram next year... :D

10. SHEPP

11. blown71duster

Indy cylinder heads got a stroked ,supercharged 6.1 using a stock block with 900 horsepower. You can buy it ready to drop in for only $28,995.... :stupid:

http://www.indyheads.com/newhemi.html

12. PrecisionTurboMustang

Indy stuff has ALWAYS been overpriced.

13. MagnumDak

forged rotating assemblies are 2-3k ish. then you get to pic your poison. Think they got MS working for it IIRC

14. turbofreek

fixed for accuracy

15. CW25

Yes that seems to be the case but doing it gives me some pride in knowing that it was done Mopar.

16. PrecisionTurboMustang

The new stuff realy isn't any worse than the modular & ls-1 stuff that modern guys are using.

17. Anthony Fury

Uh, yeah, Indy is "really proud" of their work.

I disagree with *all* mopar stuff being expensive: C-body stuff has always been in the giveaway bin!

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

18. SMRE

We used one to build an engine for a guy a little while back. He only wanted less than 1000 horsepower. I think in the end he ended up with close to 900 on pump gas. We just put a D1SC on it. I think I've got the video floating around here somewhere......Anyway, that's the most we have done with one to date.

19. PrecisionTurboMustang

Was that a 5.7 or 6.1 based block?

20. SMRE

I think it was the 6.1. I'll have to dig up the paperwork on it.