1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

another N/A 351W hp estimate thread......

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by bc_stang, May 24, 2009.

1. bc_stang

hi guys, i know this question gets asked around here a lot but honestly i did some research and couldnt find someone who has similar combo with dyno results. i need to know roughly how much power my engine combo would make N/A.

95 351w, bored .030" over(357),
    trw l2446f30 pistons-compression around 8.8-9.0:1.pistons have -14cc dish,
    ford f 303 cam
    edelbrock efi spyder intake
    stock e7 heads(for now)

any ideas? i am just trying to figure out how much boost i will need to make 550rwhp with turbo.thanks guys.

2. jt351

less than stock hp w/ more torque, why go the effort of going 351 if you only have e7's, horsepower is about flow not cubic inches, go on a diet, don't go out to bars, sell your blood/plasma and in a month or so buy a set of aluminum heads, as big as you can go, at least victor jr's or some afr 185/205's, believe me it will cost you more in the long run, a aluminum headed 302 will run faster than a stock headed 351 anyday.

3. Venom351R

Im not sure what your combo will make but I can tell you what mine did N/A

Trick Flow R intake (351)

FTI camshaft

AFR 185 Heads (58cc)

DBX 97MM Meter

Roush Shorty headers, Bassani X pipe with cats, Magnapack Mufflers

Not positive of my Compression Ratio but it should be in the 9.XX range

333 RWHP 338 RWTQ

My lower CR, Shorty Headers and Im sure the mid pipes w/ cats is what held it back. I was going to do a 408 Storker keeping it N/A but its going to be cheaper for me to go the Turbo route considering I'm all set up for boost w/ the lower CR, hence why Im on here now.

4. bc_stang

thats good number NA and i am hoping to see 300rwhp with aftermarket heads. i think i am gonna get afr 205's in couple of weeks simply because i wanna get it done and over with.dont feel like swapping heads while engine is in car.
    BTW how do you like that dbx meter? i heard its night and day difference over c&l and pro m. did you play with meter curves with dbx program?

yes iam planning on buying afr 205 cus obviously any aluminum head is better then e7's.but wanted to know how much boost will be needed if for some reason do end up sticking with e7 for month or so.

5. Venom351R

I have not played w/ the curves at all just put in the program for 94/95 cobra w/ 36LB injectors. It idles really well, between the FTI cam and the meter it runs really smooth. I know I could prob get it to run better by doing some adjustments on it but Im not very good at that kinda stuff yet. The tuner loves those meters he was really happy to see one on the car when I took it in for the tune. C&L's IMO are just horrible Ive had one before and it always sucked, PRO-M is one of the better meters but the DBX IMO is by far the best. I'll be selling mine this fall at a good price w/ the filter included b/c Im going to have to upgrade to a blow through meter anyway which will aslo be a DBX

6. 87dsgnotch

I could be wrong, but I thought the dbx could be used as either draw or blow though?

7. 86sspcoupe

357"
    tfsR heads
    solid roller
    victor jr. and a carb

450rwhp/380rwtq

10.80@125 na @3300

8. killakillala

I'm looking for around 500HP with my 351 based 393 stroker. Although I have much more heads and cam. I'm running the AFR 225's. Looking for low 10's to high 9's on motor then a 150 HP Nitrous shot on top of that for low 9's hopefully.