1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

c&S boost ref mech fuel pump

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by 6D9, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 6D9

c&S boost ref mech fuel pump

Anyone on here running one of these pumps??? If so has it worked well for you???? I am putting together a blow thru Procharger D1SC on my 408 sbc. Both Race parts direct and Roger at C&S said this pump will feed my combo. Just wanting some feedback from others that may have used it. Here is the basic combo:

408 sbc
    9.8 to 1
    AFR 195's
    Vic jr
    Quickfuel annular blow thru 750
    D1SC....6-8 psi
    MSD 6AL/BTM
    water injection

2. jim wingo

Re: c&S boost ref mech fuel pump

im not fam. with what kind of pump they have
    i used a carter 172 and boost ref it, worked pretty good, then i switched to one of those race pumps(the kind that sort of looks like a master cyl) and had nothing but trouble, always failing, terrible to prime-went back to the carter
    there is a pump used by a co MccRobb(they sell chevelle 1/2" fuel pickups) that looked kind of promising-its the "standard" looking hi perf pump, so it should prime the engine w/o spending all day filling fuel bowls trying to keep an engine running to make the race pump work, lol

3. 6D9

Thanks...I may return it and go with the A1000.... but if others are using it with sucess I will keep it.

4. Tims86-9.80

Well, I am not a fan of mech fuel pumps unless a belt drive pump. If Roger says it will support your current combination, I would run it.

5. 6D9

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I am hearing from everyone about the mech pump. Sure would make things simple but I dont want to hurt anything because I cheaped out.

6. 6D9

Has anyone run this pump on here??

7. turbonova70

I know a couple guys who have ran them on procharger set ups with no problems. The last P1SC kit i installed came with one from prcharger.

8. 6D9

Thats great news! Nice to see someone that has seen them in use. I will just creep up very slow on the tune. Low timing/100 octane/wideband! If this will work great with 6-8 psi then that would be great for this current set up. When the funds allow for a better shortblock then I will step up the fuel program. I would like to see 500rwhp or so if possible.

9. Bowtie Guy

I'm assuming this is with the procharger from blown385, correct? 500rwhp will be easy with 8 psi. Do you got a build thread?
    Bowtie Guy

10. 6D9

Bowtie Guy...yep the D1SC is from Dave(blown385). 500rwhp thru a TH400 would be great! I guess I should start a build thread huh.... :doh:

11. blown385

If I had to guess , I think hes looking at 150fwhp at 8psi maybe a little less . It took 15 psi to make 300fwhp on my 383 . ( calculated , not dyno )

Obviously every motor will be different but my motor NA makes 500hp .

According to calculators , a 3400lbs car can run 11.0 in the 1/4 mile with 650fwhp . ( not sure if I'm right but I think this is around 500rwhp )

But like I said , this is all just calculations . I'm not to sure how close it is .

X2 on the build thread ......... :D

12. 6D9

Fine...I started the build thread!............ :cheers: