1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Annular boosters

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by vht, Jan 13, 2022.

1. vht

I have a really nice Holley I'm going to convert to blow thru, BRPV front and rear and basicly set it up right instead of the hanger mods you hear about. The only bad part about this carb is the down leg boosters. Would it be better to buy a main body or change them? I've never changed a set mainly because I never had the tool to do it with but looking at them I'd think you could make a tool to do it. Also, what booster would you recommend from BLP, I see they offer several annular boosters, I would think the more holes the better the atomization?

2. vht

After pricing the tool, I thought the manual would be cheaper, I think I answered my own question. After pricing a main body I think I'll move on to plan B, sell my 1000 cfm 4150 and buy a 750 with annular boosters or find some one that will trade. I ran manual injection for years on all my previous drag cars and it amazes me on 2 things, how much higher carb stuff is and how much more crap you can get for them now!