1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

11:1 Windsor...What's my options?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Findley357, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Findley357

Have a carbed 357 with 11:1. What are my options for boost? I know I can't have a lot, but is 6-10psi OK??? Want to get away from NOS.

2. WaterPog

I'm asuming you're going to be running race fuel of some sort?

If so then you'll be fine for lower boost, and probably fine for more than you think.

On Pump Gas I wouldn't bother, most people consider 11:1 about the limit for pump premium N/A let alone for boost.

3. 61falconman

You didn't say what your goals are other than to get away from NOS.

In addition to lowering your compression ratio by up to a couple of points (usually best achieved with a piston swap), you will probably need to modify your carb, possibly install a turbo-friendly cam, reduce and lockout your timing, select the right turbo(s) for your goals, and build or buy the necessary plumbing. That's obviously an over-simplification. If you haven't already done so, you should do a lot of reading in the Knowledge Base area.

4. slowfox

Do a search for 86lxnotch he has an 11:1 comp 351 that has a MPT70 and did 480whp/600wtq on 9lbs. He did have a cam custom ground to work for his application. :2thumbs:

Eric

5. Findley357

Thanks guys. I think the motor might be closer to 10.2:1 after talking to the machine shop. I have two fuel systems now, so using one for race gas or Meth will be workable. The car is a 93 coupe with a 30 over Windsor and a Holly Hp4150 830cfm with a Richmond 4+1 trans. The heads came off the Auto Specialties Shop car which ran low 9"s all day long. I don't know the amount of boost Lee ran, but I do know the port work is for blower use. The first time out, the car ran a 12.01@123mph on motor with Goodyear Radials. I'm ready to buy a system, so any advice on that subject would be great. Thanks alot, Chris

6. slowfox

Give Brian @ B&G Turbo a hollar and he can hook you up! :2thumbs:

7. LackaTraction

Just a thought but by going to an MLS head gasket you can get the compression dropped a bit by going with a thicker HG.

8. Blown347hatch

+1 ^

You can run an .080 gasket (MLS) and probably drop a full point, and still have very good head gaskets in place.

9. ddv005

Is that from Cometic?

10. fastwhite86gt

11. ddv005

You got a part number?

12. LackaTraction

Part number would depend on thickness, bore size and make. Just do a search for fel pro HGs on summit.

13. ddv005

Did it before i posted. I called a friend and said that cometic makes it but is special order.