1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anderson High-Performance turbo kit (turbostangman)

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by craigery, Apr 21, 2004.

1. craigery

I got the car from Chris on the 11th. After a few problems(unrelated to the turbo system) I got to drive the car home. The drive was from Wisconson Dells, Wisconson to Lansing, MI. It was a good 8 hour drive and everything went fine. This past weekend I drove it to nashville, TN for the mustang 40th anniversary. I was one of three cars(out of 8) in our group that did not break or have any issues. Not to mention all the passing I did. The car really pulls now. This is my first car with any kind of power adder and I am very happy. The kit looks great. The turbo is mounted in a good spot and its not super noticable if you dont know anything about cars. It could be very easily hidden with some kind of shield that looks like a stock intake box. The custom intercooler mounted up without having to remove the bumper cover. The part of the downpipe right after the turbo is easily removable so changing spark plugs wont be too much more of a problem than it already is. All in all, I am pleased. I also have to say that Chris is a big help over the phone with helping me understand things and helping me with other issues the car has.

I dont have any pics of the underside yet but the crossover pipe runs right under the oil pan. Maybe some day I'll get pics of the underside of the car.

There are some paint chips, get over it.

Yeah, the engine is dirty. Its not a show car.

A close up.

2. SoL_93GT

You got a link to the website for that kit?

Briane

3. Snipe656

I am surprised no heat soaking issues into the alt, any plans of putting a blanket or heat sheild on the turbo? Or is the spacing there a lot bigger than I am thinking off the picture.

4. craigery

I dont have a link to a site for the kit. Chris made this kit so he could reproduce it and sell kits for 94-95's.

I dont think heat will really be an issue. The space is a little bigger than it looks in the pics. Plus, the heat coating works great!

5. craigery

I might put some kind of shield over it just so it doesnt stand out so much. That'll be later this summer if at all.

Here is a link to the kit.
    link to AHP kit

6. chaos

just curious if having the driver side header flow into the passenger header cause any loss of power? thanks

7. craigery

I'm not really sure if you would lose power. I went from NA to turbocharged so if you ask me, I gained power. ha! I think what you're asking is instead of having the crossover cross infront of the engine and having the two headers flow into one and then the turbo. For an answer, I dont know. One of the goals for this kit was to make for an easy installation and it was acheived. If you're dying for an answer, PM turbostangman. He built the kit.

8. Clem Eastwood

at 700hp it starts to be a restriction.

9. Clem Eastwood

at 700hp it starts to be a restriction.