1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Amc 401, turbo compressor map help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by I6CJ7, May 16, 2019.

1. I6CJ7

Posted awhile back, but only recently got the compressor map from Comp Turbo...

The build is an Amc 401, .
    - 040 over,
    - Edelbrock aluminum heads
    - Racetec forged, ceramic top coat pistons 9.25 comp
    - new forged rods
    - studs everywhere
    - thinking 12 psi max?
    -max rpm 6k maybe 6500

CT4X 68/75 1.15AR Compressor Map 68.jpg #ad

Going in a CJ7, big tires, daily driver/offroad, roadtrips, shooting for 650hp give or take. Building for torque, low/midrange grunt.

Lemme know what you guys think. I'm still trying to wrap my head around compressor maps.

2. Mnlx

Should be a decent fit with good low speed response. Will most likely be pushing the far right side of map though. (given 400 na hp).

I6CJ7 likes this.
  3. I6CJ7

Would a bigger AR help that? Pushing the far side of the map is going to cause alot of heat being out of the efficiency range isn't it?

4. Mnlx

A/R won't, it's a compressor size thing. It will make more heat, but it's pretty typical for your style build where you're looking for quick spool. A good intercooler will help a bunch if you can get air across it, or a a2w cooler.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  5. I6CJ7

Gotcha, a2w and water/meth is what i was thinking. Thanks again!