1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What do you think of my setup, any suggestions? what cfm carb? how much boost?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by CRT-TwinTurboStang, Nov 30, 2006.

1. CRT-TwinTurboStang

I will be building a 351w based 383 stroker. all forged balanced and some weight reduction. 3.85 stroke 6.250 rod. -30cc dish. should be around 8.2 - 8.5 to 1. Victor jr. heads and intake.
    How much boost should this handle on pump gas? race gas?
    I'm looking for a well seasoned block (I would hard block to the core plugs) or possibly a Dart block.
    I'm thinking of 2 masterpower T-70's....should i go bigger?
    What cfm Carb should i build... i figure i should need a 750cfm.
    How much boost can I build a carb to handle?
    what Numbers do ya think I'll see?

that should do it..just wondering what your opinions are, I'd like to hear em!

2. onefst86gt

definetly dart block, wouldn't waste money on any other block for that combination. Maybe twin 70's are a little overkill, think about 60's or 62-1's. As far as how much will a blow through carb take, look at some of the drag radial cars, blow through carb, and they are anywhere from 28-36#'s of boost.

3. CRT-TwinTurboStang

how bout an A351???????

4. CRT-TwinTurboStang

how much power will those turbo's support, on average.,what kind of engine rpm should i expect them to spool and run out at. comparted to t-70's

5. flynbyu82

The 62-1s are rated for around 650 flywheel... MP 62-1s come with a tad larger A.R. size, but since it is a smaller turbo, it would probably spool about the same.