1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

am I being scammed by another member?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by CyanJaguar, Mar 5, 2009.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyanJaguar

I bought a water injection kit in the classifieds two mondays ago. seller has been a member here since 04 and has a high profile build currently going on. I promoptly paid for it and got it in last week tuesday. I went to test the pump and it would not work. I have spent about an hour on the phone with the manufacturer of the water injection system and with shurflo techs directly trying to get this fixed and I have tried everything suggested. nothing works. the pump was DOA

so here is the kicker. the seller had been communicating with me through the whole process but when I finally figured out the pump was actually dead and offered options(split the cost of a new pump with me or let me send back the unit for a full refund) he stopped replying my private messages. I see that he has logged on three times since I sent him the last messages and I still havent got a reply.

what is the procedure on this? should I be out almost two hundred bucks for a product that does not work as seller said it would, or should the seller be, in fact, working with me to get this solved.

what recourse do I have? I payed with paypal. can I open a dispute with them?

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123555.msg1216143#msg1216143 <--------Correct transaction?

3. CyanJaguar

4. CyanJaguar

so he has logged in two other times since I posted this, and I have not recevied a reply to the 3 messages I have outstanding to him

5. turbofreek

das boot is getting lased up for this one.

6. 86merc

Dude relax. I am not scamming anyone. Look at the feedback of the other items I sold. Nothing but happy buyers. I am on vacation and having issues getting online with the wireless. I get online and it looses connection in a minute. I have a hard wire connection now. But I already sent you a pm.

And so anyone else who reads this....The pump worked on the car and was tested before it shipped out. I am not sure what the issue is. But I have a friend who is a Snow dealer and I am looking into saving the seller and I both issues and money.

7. 86merc

No, Look at the feedback they left already.

Settle down there guy. ;)

8. turbofreek

ya cant fuck up a flange,

good to see your response and to see this through to get it right. we'll be watching, you know that. ;)

9. 86merc

And I didn't steal money or scam anyone that bought parts from me. The pump worked before I shipped it. And ask CyanJaguar how it was packed. I take pride in my transactions and my word.

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Nice to see you try to work with cyan jaguar. I honestly don't know where the blame goes for something like this....maybe we need to vote on it and make a historic ttf decision, lol.

I personally would atleast try to meat him halfway on a replacment.

11. 86merc

I am willing to work something out with him. He made a reasonable offer and I am trying to make it even better for the both of us.

12. CyanJaguar

well, thankyou for finally replying. I would like to see a resolution to this as soon as possible but I also understand that you are on vacation. you said give you two days in the pm you just sent and I'll hold you to that.

about the pump working. when was the last time you used it, because you said it had sat for a while before you shipped it to me and this is the first Ive heard that you tested it before you shipped it out.

Derrick at snow is selling the pump discounted for $108shipped. they go on ebay for about $95 shipped. either way Im more than happy to meet you in the middle, since the unit was a good price to begin with. if you find a cheaper price on a working one it will save me money and Im all for that.

13. 86merc

The last time the pump was used on the car was over a year ago. The pump was on the car in Shaun's heated garage. I tested the pump and the controller when I put the for sale thread up.

Buying direct form a manufacturer is not usually the cheapest way to buy. As you said Ebay sellers have them cheaper. This is not un common at all for dealers to sell below the manufacturer's suggested retail cost. That is why I think my buddy may be able to get a better price for us. I will keep you posted when I hear from him.

14. CyanJaguar

just want to give an update on this. 86merc agreed to split the cost of a new pump with me ( I bought the stage 2 kit for 1/3 the price of a new kit, so it would have been unfair to ask him to pay for a whole pump. he refunded me the money last friday or so and it just hit my paypal account today.

thanks 86merc, and sorry for the misunderstanding

15. 86merc

No problem. Thanks for the reply. I had not received any notice from PayPal on the dispute. I have never had to deal with it and it looks like there is not much follow up on their end. I am glad it is all worked out. Good luck with the set up!

16. turbofreek

i think merc needs a good feed back in his trader ranks. :2thumbs:

17. StoopidSlow

man....sometimes it not any fun when things all work out....a death-match would of been cool as hell