1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Logan Motorsports 2V Intake Manifold

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Remote Booster, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Remote Booster

Logan Motorsports 2V Intake Manifold whats the deal with this maniflod has aney one run it on ther car yet.
    i may pick one up next month if they are worth the gane.

2. y2k2gt

A guy tested it on MF.com. They had his test in I think MM&FF. He has a procharger F1 I think. It costs around $1500 and you have to get a new hood. I have the HPS Hardball'r. So far my car has made 623rwhp at 18psi with the C4 transmission.

3. white00gt

I've been running one of there intakes sense they started to make them, I had Dewayne design the front intake verson for my car actually, With the original verson that he sent me I picked up if I remember correct about .3 and 3mph over a ported bullit intake.

It being a first prototype I kept busting the seems out of it due to it flexing, I final blew it all to shreads and sent it back to him. He has just sent me a new design that he did, and lastnight in a 3575lb car I went 5.80@122 with a little ol 4.6l 281, His new design I'm unsure of yet I might have picked up a tenth about mile an hour or so over the original, I can post up some pics laster on. His new design would not fit under my 2.5 cowl hood so I had to go back to my 6" cowl that goes all the way to the windshield, altho the side intake version may clear I don't know

4. white00gt

I'll have to track down some of the other pics, of the old intake and the new one that he sent us there are some that I just found on my phone. Keith and Dwayne are great people and will work with you, I have highly enjoyed dealing with them.

first are the new design that we are mounting up, and the others are the carnage I did to the old one

I will have to go find or snag some complete pics so that you can see everything installed if you like

5. Remote Booster

ya i talked ot them and they said that ther were too menny welds and no center brace and that is how it broke the welds, but they sound like they have a winner on ther hands so i think i may get mine from them but with som mods made to it for my app

6. white00gt

I'm very please with there intake, I've tested various other intakes (remain nameless), but with the other intakes picked up on the dyno but I lost at the track where it matters most to me. All the intakes I've tested have been compaired to a ported bullit and on one of the prototypes I picked up 55hp on top, but at the track I backed up .5..... with the logan I back up no where that I can find, street manners are great and I"ve gone .3 and 3mph or so faster on there old design, the new design I still don't have enough data to say yay or ney. But I also haven't had any of the logan intakes on a dyno either.

Track numbers matter to me, not some dyno number racing.

7. adam`

i plan to pick this up on my next project. i have read good things about the customer service. that really helps out when yoiu are trying somthing new.

8. F8LVENM

I might just have to talk to them about an intake for a 5.4 dohc with Ford GT heads! 8)

9. Remote Booster

they said if i brake it they will fix or replace it so that sounds good to me !

10. Alain K

Will it fit under a 3" cowl? Also does it retain the egr & iac valves?

11. NoWhining

This looks like a great intake for the 4.6! I would love to hear what your thoughts are on it because I am considering saving one up for my next build up.

I am just glad to see the 4.6 get a intake market!

12. F8LVENM

Not to mention, your getting some of the benefits, and the kickass looks of a sheetmetal intake for less than half the cost!

13. Remote Booster

well i will be useing ther product. this fall so i will let you all know how i like it,