1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New PB @ FFW Fontana, Finally in the 8's

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by er306, Sep 22, 2008.

1. er306

Went out this past weekend to the FFW race in fontana, car counts were really low and the officials said they will more than likely not be coming back next year. But there was good weather and decent track prep and i managed to finally get into the 8's after struggling for 2 years trying to run a class in the PSCA that prohibits boost controllers and limits you to a 28/11.5 et street. I ended ditching the stock PCM for a Big stuff 3, put an MSD boost controller and a set of 275/60 drag radials. 1 st pass i forgot to turn on the CO2 for the boost controller and i left on the foot brake it went:

1.41 60ft

5.90@121 1/8

9.08@152 1/4

Went i got back to the pits i looked at the timeslip, and i was baffled with the low mph, i knew it was slow on e.t. because it felt slow, but i couldn't figure out why it didn't mph. Then i remembered i had a boost controller now and had forgotten to open the bottle. So i opened the bottled so i wouldn't forget and iced the car down. It was qualifying by this time so i had to make it count. I had my buddy bring me up to the lights and he had his foot on the 1st beam so the other driver wnet into his beams and they redlit me for taking to long but i wasn't even up to the beams. by this time i'm like oh man, what else is gonna go wrong. So the official saw what happened and they reset the tree for me, i pulled it right in to the second beam and since i didn't have to leave i just made sure everything was good before i left. i borught it up on the transbrake, sat it on the chip for a couple seconds and let go. IT came intstantly in the air and was ckimbing, when i figure out what was happening i though to shift the car, so i shifted it and it settled down nicely, and i waited for the next shift. The pass felt real strong and i went through the traps with the shift light on so i knew it had to be a good pass. When i got out, i started putting the shoot away, with a huge smile on my face, about the same time my friend Jerome was finishing his pass right behind me and i asked if he saw how fast i went. He said all i saw was 162 and that he saw the nose in the air. When i got my timeslip i was pleasantly surprised on how fast it went on it's 2nd pass with the new combo. here's a pic of the timeslip

Here's a couple more good pics of the weekend. Unfortunately since my wife decided to wear flip flops, they didn't let her get out int the lanes to get a video of the car. Hopefully someone there got some and i can get a copy of it and post it up. but for now pics.

2. wildcardfox

CONGRATS!!! :2thumbs:

3. frcfed347

that's moving on80mm that's probably close to record time on that turbo with a mod. Congrats

4. jayl

huge congrats man!! that is awesome! still the 47 80 ? Thought you went bigger?? I can only hope to run close in the next 20 yrs lol

5. er306

Thanks, yeah still the gt4780 on it. I'm gonna put an 88 or a 91 on it here in the next couple weeks. Everything is set up to take the bigger turbo so it should be as easy as a cartridge and compressor cover change for the 88 or a new downpipe and discharge pipe for the 91.

6. tirefryin_s10

Congrats thats moving, are you running an under the diff ARB any pics?

7. jayl

Sweet ET/MPH for the 80 man! got any others layin around? haha. You guys runnin SCSN in Vegas in November too? Should be the event of the year for myself to enjoy!

8. er306

Yes it has a Chirs alston chassis works under the diff anti roll bar with built in wheelie bar mounts. Same one used on their fab 9. I called them to see if they sold it seperate from the fab 9 since i already had the moser housing. They told me they did have it available but they hadn't released it so i got one of their first kits. It's a bad ass kit and easy to install will fit any 9" with 3.5" tubes. I had the back brace welded when i bought the housing so i had to notch it to mate up to the axle tubes but it was cake. I'll take some pics when i get to the shop.

9. tirefryin_s10

Will it work on a 8.8?

10. er306

Yeah, we'll be there with the pro car. We won tha last PSCA race in vegas and won this weekends FFW weekend also. Been in the finals last three races against John Mihovetz and we won 2 out of the three, it would of been 3 for 3 but we had a transbrake issue in the fontana race last month so Giuseepe got left on and couldn't catch John.

Yeah i thought it was pretty respectable for the 80mm, so i can't wait for the 88 or 91.

11. er306

I'm not sure if it does, i know it was designed around the 9" so it might not work. I'd give them a call.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/

12. tirefryin_s10

Thanks for the help!

13. tommygun

awesome.

very impressed.

14. jayl

Oh cool! I was there in vegas when guiseppe and chris groves both set records! sick cars out there!

15. er306

Sick cars for sure, we hope to have something for Groves in the next couple of races. We have my friends Al's 72 camaro running pretty good, we went a string of 7.70's with it on the 275/60 mickey thompson and won the FFW race this weekend with it also with consistent 7.90's. Going to be an eventful SCSN for sure!!! :2thumbs:

16. jayl

hell yea!! i love it! i cant believe the times/mph on these 275s. good luck with your ride! next post will be a 7.99 pass already! haha

17. jmstekguy

engine pics please, nice run, congrats!

18. er306

Here's a couple from a couple of months ago, valve covers are black now and all the stock ECM wiring has been replaced by a single harness for the
    BS3.

19. 99TTGT

congrats!
    any videos?
    thansk
    PS#Did you use to own that red 99 GT with the 5 l motor that broke tha tremec 5 speed record<x2c>?

20. er306

Thanks, no videos yet.
    I didn't own that car, i just worked with Mark Luton now owner of MMR when he was at X2C, that was his car and he did all the work to it. I just got to ride in it a couple of times on the street when he was trying to tune it, :2thumbs: good times. I can honestly say, that perticular car is what got me bit on the Turbo bug, and i haven't looked back since. Hell, i remember when me and mark were tuning the Black Turbo 03 cobra on the street and it was the first time with the c4, boost came on in 2nd gear and the car was completely sideways pointed towards the sidewalk, and all you could here is Mark saying "keep it straight" while i'm sawing at the wheel and he's hanging on to the cage.