1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

buying quality turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dhudson8, Apr 17, 2006.

1. dhudson8

Anyone know where I can get a good quality turbo for a good price. Either used or rebuilt. I am trying to build a TT mustang and am needing some quality turbos. I currently have some junk turbos i purchased off of ebay and am awaiting some sort of compensation from the company through my CC company complaint department and also the better business bureau. If anyone can suggest where to get a quality turbo at a descent price I would greatly appreciate it.

Also I have done a search and really didnt find anywhere on here to buy a good turbo from that is used or rebuilt. Thanks.

2. svooh

Ebay is not the place for turbomustangs turbos. Nor is a diesel truck from the boneyard. I preach this stuff but it doesn't make a difference. Get a good quality american-made turbo from either innovative, turblownetics, precision, dave@majstic (on here) or give me a PM with your engine specs and your goals and I can build you genuine Garrett turbos as well, balanced, blueprinted, and assembled to better than industry standards.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for when it comes to turbos...unless it's ebay: there you usually get WAY less than you pay for.

-Matt.
    ala Turbo Specialties :D

3. Eric88T

I agree with the above. It falls on deaf ears here so fuck it.

Charlie @ evergreen turbo is another one you can trust. I can almost guarantee he has some T3/4 hybrids laying around that would be perfect if this is a stock block combo.

4. JZ 97 SS 1500

We had a pair of Ebay stone racing T70s come through this past week. They were pretty much junky units. The bearings were low quality, and the balance on one of the units was off 60% :eek:. Its no wonder they come apart as often as they say they do. Turbos are not a place you want to skimp on money.

5. Cld12pk2go

Master Power are made in Brazil and have great reviews...

6. Pusstang

Yeah I have been looking at the master power turbos and they look nice and have good reviews! Rebutly anyone i need a turbo or 2 for my F-150!???

7. svooh

amen brotha.

8. Turbo89

You get what you pay for pure and simple, the crap you see on EBAY is just that. its JUNK !

Ive tried a few different brands, Turbonetics, Garret, John Craig, innovative, Precision, some ebay junk.

I dont sell any 5.0 kits with any turbo unless its Turbonetics. Thats it. Great turbo's, Great warranty.
    I've used John Craigs turbo's as well, and I can suggest his stuff as well, nice turbo's.
    Innovative turbos are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for, if you have the Dough they are the creme of the crop.

Its a simple decision pay now or pay later, when you send impeller fragments through your motor and ruin it , was that 300-400 you saved worth it ?? Another point is warranty, what good is a cheap turbo when it blows up then you call the manufacturer and go
    "Hey this thing blew up and its only 4 months old" and they say "TOO BAD buy another 1". I'd rather deal with a company that says " Sorry Mr Turbo Mustang guy, we'll send out another right away, send us that one back so we can see why it failed"

Everyone wants to go fast, and nobody wants to dump money, but be smart and put your money in the right spots.
    I hear about people spending ridiculous money on things they dont need, but dont realize how important certain parts are.

Personal opinion...... on a turbo mustang ... DONT SKIMP on 1) FUEL SYSTEM 2) TURBO SYSTEM 3) HEADS the rest can wait
    and doesnt play as big a part.