1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Alcohol injection vs Air to water intercooler.....price, design, efficiency?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by goatnipples2002, Jun 8, 2011.

1. goatnipples2002

Real world experience or real data.

2. 427notch

I have an A/W under my dash. It's one of Roberts from chiseled. Very nice unit. 4inch in/out 2 cores, I think they are bell cores. Not sure tho. Id say it weighs about the same, maybe a little less then the factory heater box. It leaves me some leg room, although it does hang out the bottom. Things I don't like about it are the 3/4" water lines running through the car, noisy water pump in the trunk. Cost....well, you have to factor in the tank, lines, pump, and cooler it's self, plus the other misc items needed like brackets, clamps.... And then your time to install it. I don't think Robert makes mine any more, but it was the 1500hp model with 7 gal water tank. Your going to be $1400 plus into a decent set up.