1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how much boost ?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by boost ranger, Jan 16, 2013.

1. boost ranger

hey guys got another question,[3] .i have a 97 ranger with a 87 302 and a turbo 400 came with a v-trim blower and a ton of problems youve helped me with so far , question is , top pulley is 3 " crank pulley 7" or 7 1/4 " hard to measure with elect fan in the way, any idea how much boost it will make , and how much will i lose going thru a 28 " x 3 " i/c stock 87 302 with gt 40 heads b 303 cam shorty headers , also what size carb would be best going to use a csu carb ,how big of exhaust should i run ? thanks as always for sharing your ideas and saveing me some mistakes :bow:

2. boost ranger

no one have any idea ,i bought this set up this way ,just trying to figure out if its going to make to much boost ,and if i need to change pullies to back it down

3. gotageta5oh

I would guess about 8-10 PSI. However, I don't have much experience with centrifugal superchargers. Have you tried contacting Vortech?

4. boost ranger

Thanks that would probley be all my combo can take for now

5. Disney Lincoln

I would say 10-11# if you're talking about an S-trim blower. I've never heard of a V-trim.....

6. boost ranger

im trying to find out the size also, on the tag all it says v- thats all, not scratched up just says v- id love to know another way of telling what size it is, thanks for your help so far

7. madspeed

serial number?

8. madspeed

its likely an s trim

9. The ace

6-10 lbs to be safe and give vortech a call, and for carb i would use a 750 just to have room to grow with it you can always tune it down but again call them, & exhaust 2.5 will be pleanty, good luck

10. boost ranger

serial #is 08739 went on vortechs site did some measuring i think its a s trim, gave csu my info on line going to have one built , thanks on the info on exhaust 2.5 " have room for 3 " would there be any benifit on running 3" over 2.5 " thanks for all your help, getting close to taking it to have tuned and running it :thumbsup:

11. The ace

i would stay with the 2.5 its plenty big enough and good choice on the csu.