1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Airesearch TV7701 Specs?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by BAMFRx-7, Jan 30, 2013.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMFRx-7

looking for advise and specs on this turbo and where to buy a rebuild kit for it. It seams to be a fine turbo for my application as far as light weight and sturdy. I have a borg warner s3 twin scroll A/R .91 66mm inducer 73 exducer and im wondering the specs of the tv7701 and where to purchase rebuild kit and if there is a selection of turbine/ compressor wheels to choose from for the rebuild. My ultimate goal is to determine if the tv7701 would be better for me in the end than the s3.

2. otrtruckpro

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  3. BAMFRx-7

Thanks for the quick response.

4. BAMFRx-7

So any advise on where to order a rebuild kit? Iv been all over google searching and just keep finding garbage

5. otrtruckpro

read my post.The last sentence. But these turbos are so old most have been rebuilt atleast once. If bearing housing was rebored .010 over and the turbine shaft was turned.005 under you will need oversize bearings. Without measuring it there is know way to tell what size you have. The shaft could be turned down,.005,.010,.015, .020. and the bearing housing could be rebored in the same sizes.

6. BAMFRx-7

I will measure and see what I have and ill post it later today.

7. TTF/Ken Staff Member

8. BlownShovel

Older turbo as stated. Also a wide range of turbine sizes. Older/heavier/require a dp flange that is pricked than most ($60ish) .
    If you got it cheap and it is solid it might be a good move. At the point where you are looking to rebuild, swap wheels etc you might want to look at newer or new options. At least that is my opinion. I've had several from 71**-81** over the years.