1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New injectors smell

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Apollo, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Apollo

So basic q. Should my brand New, Unused genuine Bosch/Siemens injectors smell strongly of what seems diesel fuel? Thanks for replies.

2. tbird

mineral spirits is sometimes used for flow testing . Smells similar to diesel.

Apollo likes this.
  3. Apollo

I appreciate it that's definitely the smell. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't getting used ones. I payed up for these

4. Apollo

while we're talking about them what do u think of the Bosch Siemens ev6 skinnies? They are uscar 60lb. They're for an 04 3.8 mustang.

5. tbird

I cant answer that. I dont play with efi stuff much. Im sure someone here will chime in.

6. B E N

The 60lb Siemens are the same as the frpp 60lb which are a great injector for high performance street use.