1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Air to water modular guys help...

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by R-Snake, Dec 30, 2010.

1. R-Snake

I'm buying a new intercooler to replace my 24x12x3 I ran with low boost from a 76mm turbo to support my pt88 set up. I've been looking at a 31x12x4 cxracing unit and a treadstone front mount as well, but for $450+ I think I can put together an air-water set up for not much more. I'd like to run a CXRacing unit or similar set up that can be had on ebay for a good price and that I can mount in the fender. What do you guys suggest? Sizes, brands, tanks, pumps, etc. Or should Is stick with a/a since its a street strip car? I have stock interior and don't want anything in the cars interior. Any pics of a/w set ups on modulars would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. blown385

couple fender mount pics .

!cid_5EE700C19B884837BE8A6996AB94712A@home5b92af731a.jpg #ad

100_3679.jpg #ad

3. blown385

If it sweats running ice , you could use something like this to coat it .

GAS_TANK_LINES_HEAT_SHIELD_PAINT_010.jpg #ad

4. R-Snake

What size core is that? Thanks for the pics!

5. blown385

two different cars . The top pic is from Unatural . And the bottom pic is from domn8rx .

I think they are both Ebay coolers . Not for sure but you can PM them . :2thumbs:

6. 99TTGT

we talk about this topic before.
    let me see if I can find it for you...

7. R-Snake

Please do and 99ttgt I remember talking to you but don't remember any specifics. What cooler, tank, and pump are you running? What other parts are required?

8. stangman9897

He's not running an A/W he's useing A/A ebay cooler.

9. 99TTGT

chiseled tank
    rule 10 marine pump
    e bay CXR a/w intercooler

10. Ninesecsnake

Here are a few of mine, we bought the cores and made the rest.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. SVTboy

Factory 03 Cobra A/W

Track 1.jpg #ad

12. R-Snake

I can't use the stock air to water because I have a mach1 intake and don't want to switch. I am really liking the idea of air to water using an ebay core and the cheapest tank I can find (any help??). I thought I was going to need a heat exchanger, but after further research I guess not. SO I think I just need a core (still undecided on size), lines and fittings, a tank (still unsure on size and brand), and a pump. Anything I'm missing (aside from piping which I'm redoing regardless)?

13. R-Snake

Looking at Votion coolers (sponsor on here). Are they any good?

14. nastynate420

Ive read some good things about thing place. Im gonna run an Icebox where the spare tire goes. I forget the exactly size but they make one that fits perfectly for around $200

http://chiseledperformance.net/watertanks.htm

15. 10secgoal

I'm probably going for a 7gal that is shaped like the half moon where the spare goes. :chacha:

16. JIMS SVT

Heat exchanger makes it better that way the water gets cooled some on the way back to the tank.Just buy my stuff then all you have to get is some hose from the hardware store and some wire for the pump.. Everything is there already.

17. blown385

what do you mean , your stuff ?

18. JIMS SVT

The stuff that I pm'd and emailed him about.

19. blown385

What is it , what are you asking ? Just curious ............. dont want a member getting screwed . ;)

20. JIMS SVT

Lol...Because it really wasnt for sale.Its just sitting in the garage and Im not using it.Ive sold parts to this guy before. And for screwing people...Thats not me. Thanks