1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

air to water ic on 4v mustang?'s

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 01snake, Dec 19, 2011.

1. 01snake

i have a 01 cobra

for now i will be on the stock block with a 70mm turbo ~450-500rwhp through a c4. the car is driven on the street for short cruises but is 100% drag setup and raced. down the road soon i plan to do a 88/91 mm turbo with a built 4v, th400 etc..so i am kind of planning for the future to save me doing things 2x.

i have my eye on the frozenboost air to water drag race package (ice box, intercooler, and pump) says its capable of 1500hp..i plan on mounting the ic in the car under the dash.

couple of questions..

1) the ic in the kit comes with 3 1/2 piping outlet/inlet. and the ic is capable of 1500hp. will that effect my car with the 70mm? or not to bad? i plan with the bigger turbo to make ~1000rwhp

2)anyone have pics of how they ran the piping into and out of the firewall? im thinking of running the pipe from the turbo down through the A arm into the firewall by the pcm then having the pipe come back into the engine bay by where my a/c used to be...

any pics of these air/water ic would be great so i can get a idea

2. 99TTGT

3. 01snake

Ok thanks that looks great and will help me out tons..

So what do you think on me running the 3.5" pipe and bigger air to water i/c with my 70mm till I upgrade to the 88 or 91? I know its hard to plan for the future with some of these things on cars

Or should I just stick with 3"?

4. 99TTGT

3.5 piping will support 2200rwhp....
    thhat said,built it once & rite.!

5. 01snake

Ok I was just worried that it would effect me to much while I run the 70mm till I save for a motor

6. 01snake

I have been reading that the 3.5" will hurt me while I have the 70mm on due to lack of velocity and throttle response? Or does it not matter with the a/w intercooler?

7. 01snake

8. converturbo

Just an idea but might be worth a try if your 3.5 pipe setup is laggy or seams inefficient. You could have an exhaust shop bend a portion of the pipe in a smaller diameter while you run the 70. I would think that the smaller pipe would help pick up some of the velocity. But this is just my brain working and it may not even be a noticeable difference.

9. 01snake

Well I just picked up a MP 70mm q trim 1.00ar so im sure this thing will have a little lag....

Would a bigger stall help with lag?