1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ok guys im at my wits end

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by flash, Oct 19, 2007.

1. flash

I have a b&g kit w/master power t70 on a stock block 302w/x heads,fcam,cobra intake.

My problem is it wont rev clean.Autolites 3923 gapped at 28,crane ignition,new wires.I have tried everything under the sun to get this to work.I have tried everything i found under the search button.Rotated maf a dozen different ways to no avail.Cruises at about 15-16 on the wideband as you get into it drops to 10.5-11.3 roughly.What happens is you get on it and it starts to buck and stumble then goes for a split second and starts bucking again.If I feather the gas pedal it revs better but not right.It has absolutely no power even getting into boost.Ive tried timing from 8 to 16*.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Also the maf which is a 75 mm blowthrough which way is the flow?I have the big end facing the intercooler and the small end towards the intake?

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

2. Traction Issuez

How much straight pipe before the turbo. Unhook the pipe between the intercooler and the MAF and see if it does the same thing. If it does the same thing then you're facing a problem not necessarily related to the turbo.

3. flash

Wont that overspin the turbo?

4. Traction Issuez

I didn't say drive to Arkansas; I said see if it makes a difference

5. flash

ok gonna go try it and see.

6. flash

Just got back from trying this and it revs perfect like it suppose to.

7. Traction Issuez

Okay, so it's airflow related. Are you using a boost controller at all? If so then unhook it and run the spring boost and see what it does. When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Hook up the pipes from the intercooler the the MAF and drive it. Then see exactly what RPM it breaks up at. Then loosen the clamps from the intercooler to the pipe that goes to the MAF so that you get leaks in the pressure. If the RPM of the breakup increases then the MAF is possibly incapable of responding to the airflow. Have you monkeyed with the fuel pressure at all? Have you tried opening the gap to .31-.33?

8. smokin03cobra

gap should be fine @30 +/- 1. i was thinking maybe a lil more timming maybe 18 but something def doesnt sound right with your meter try cleaning it with some contact cleaner but you do have it in the right direction big end towards intercooler

9. slow5.0.

When I was considering blow through, anderson ford said that when you order your MAF they need to know if there is a bend 12 inches before the maf or not. Apperently it makes a difference. I would assume your in a simliar situation.. perhaps you need a tune through the maf to clear things up.

10. flash

No boost controller just the spring.Its been awhile on the fuel filter.Im going to say 3-4 yrs.I had the gaps at about 32 and i thought it was blowing out so I lowered it to about 28.I have moved the fuel pressure all over the place to get the afr I was looking for.Im also not running any o2 sensors either.Not sure where the fuel pressure is at cause I cant get a gauge on the schrader valve cause thewastegate is in front of it.

Yes the big end is toward the intercooler.

Im leaning toward the maf also.

11. mustang-junky

Well there is two big things you should do. You need know where the fuel presser is at. And without the O2s the computer can't learn. I would reinstall the O2 sensors.

Jess

12. petejennen

Why not drive to arkansas ? While your here i would like to see your car LOL :2thumbs:

13. flash

:nuts: :nuts:

Actually I was messing with it some and I started to wiggle the ignition module connector and the rpms would shoot up about 300 then when i stopped it would go back to the normal idle.I think im going to try and switch that out first just to make sure thats not the problem.

14. flash

Hey guys I replaced the ignition module today.Took for a little test drive but it just got done raining and the road isnt quite dry yet.Good thing is it went right into boost with no stumbling the best I can tell on a wet road.We shall see later when it dries out.

Thanks for you guys help hopefully that fixed it.

15. Traction Issuez

That's great to hear

16. petejennen