1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Air inlet temp gauge?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mnm99, Jul 22, 2014.

1. mnm99

Easy one..Should I get a 0-200F or 0-300F gauge? Supercharged 408 Windsor

( I feel weird asking questions about supercharging. I just sold my twin turbo that I pretty much built through this forum. My new car has a supercharger as of now. I hope you will adopt me..:grin: and not send me to the wolves...)

Thanks

2. Jeremy

0-200 if you peg that you have bigger problems lol

3. mnm99

Thank you.

4. BlownShovel

Nothing wrong with a blower!

As stated by 200* there will be other problems POPPING up. What gauge/sensor are you looking at?

5. luckythirteen13

if you were running a ton of boost and the sensor was pre intercooler then maybe 300. but if you putting the sensor close to the motor and after an intercooler then 200 is all you need. the only reason i say this is because when i had a vortech and my car was a DD, i would see 205-210* intake temps all the time just cruising in the summer. i had no intercooler tho

6. mnm99

I'm looking at Speedhut gauges. The reason being I have an AC Cobra and want to keep the gauges as close to the original as possible. I'm running a Vortec blower, No intercooler and Meth injection. I got the car around 2 months ago. It has no monitoring for the supercharging that I would like to see. I'm getting a Wideband A/F, Boost/Vac and Fuel pressure gauge. I have room for 2 more and air inlet is what I was looking at. I still have a bunch I want to do to it. I found out it's running at around 6-7lbs. Timing is locked out at 9* and he was using a standard MSD box with a standard blaster coil. I want to put more timing in it, get a MSD6al2, better coil and up the boost. Gonna get all my gauges first though.