1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Air filter?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Badv8s10, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Badv8s10

just wondering if people are running air filters on there street turbo setups? going to be running a Gt42R garrett turbo on a 355 doesn't get driven to many miles not daily driver. How big of an air filter would I need to keep it from restricting it? Thought about just running a screen over the front due to limited space under the hoof on an S-10 pick up with a turbo. help me out with your guys setups. what would be best for me?

2. 434chevelle

I went through this same thing and ran without filters for a while. Excessive ring and cylinder wear changed my mind on that. I don't know how much was from no filters and how much was from Hellfire rings, but my ring gap went from .030 to .060 in about 1500 miles. I scoured through K&N filters on their website and am running what will fit on the street. A lot of things seem to be a compromise with my turbo experience. Air filters, downpipe size etc. etc. Run what fits or start cutting. lol

3. Jeremy

Yeah I run air filters on street.