1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Age old Fuel pump question... Dual a-1000 or pro series pump

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Turbo306, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Turbo306

I found tons of people are running so many damn pumps it blows my mind... I here the Big Kumo is a bad ass pump... I here running dual a-1000's is the all around best street duty... and a pro series with a fuel cooler (From Glens) you can run all day long on the street.... So my question is I have a 364 CI motor with a gt42 76 making about 800-900 to the tire... I already have one a-1000 on the car that really works well... I don't cavate and its not that loud (Compared to the motor)... but that pump is not going to hold up if I turn it up so my question is this.... I can get an a-1000 and the rest of the line and it will cost about the same as buying a pro series pump and fuel cooler.... but with the dual setup it is a TON of plumbing...and with the pro series it bolts right on and I am running without even dropping the tank...

So what do you guys think of running a dual a-1000 setup? pro series ... I really don't want to have to EVER worry about running out of pump or overheating..bla bla bla... I here walbro makes a killer setup for running dual external pumps.... :bang:

2. ralphiejantz

Magnafuel Pro Tuner 750 part # is MP4303 I believe
    works great on the street supports a ton of hp and you dont need a pump controller

3. Turbo306

My problem is that I will have to change everything up to run the magnafuel... Same with the dual a-1000's... but If I run the pro series with a cooler (This is not the 16302 fuel pump controler it is like a transmission cooler and has no electronics)... I will defently do some checking on the magnafuel pump...