1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

issue after turboing my ford probe 2l

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by nobushi777, Feb 3, 2023.

1. nobushi777

Hi everyone, im new here! i came here because i have an issue after turboing my ford probe 2l from 1995. Since i mounted the whole turbo kit, everything was pretty fine, had good idle etc... did drove 100 meters outside my house and suddenly started to accelerate like hell going up to 5k rpm for no reason after i put it in second gear and loosing all power. Stopped on the side of the road, noticed a fuel line blew up. Replaced the fuel line, checked for leaks everywhere and there was no leaks. Started the car and it rev up super high for no reasons again. checked for vacuum leaks and i dont think there is any. Do you have any idea on whats going on ? Wish you all a nice day ! thanks you a lot!
    my ford probe is a inline 4 2L gasoline engine
    Parts i used for the build:
    t25 turbo 0.5 bar wastegate
    fmu 12:1
    full intercooler kit + pipes
    oil feed/return kit
    water feed/return kit
    oil filter sandwich plate
    oil pressure/temp gauge, boost gauge, afr wideband gauge (with all the sensors)
    vacuum block tapped on the break booster vacuum line
    walbro 255
    turbo exaust manifold
    custom made downpipe

2. tbird

check that the throttle blade moves freely and that it is not hung open some.

Possibility that the IAC has malfunctioned and is wide open.

3. nobushi777

thanks! i checked the throttle blade and it seems to work good, as for the iac how can i check it? thank you a lot

4. Russell

You can remove the IAC and make sure the plunger is closed. If it's closed when off unplugging it should rule it out. Make sure you didn't blow a core plug out of the intake or something else. It really sounds like a big leak, but I am still a learning too.

5. Pro-SC

FMU? Thats would be what I would look at next.