1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM's new Fail Safe Gauge

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by flexer, Dec 16, 2012.

1. flexer

2. Beatdown Z

That's badass!

3. Hahns5.2

My MS3X has an AFR safety function :dontknow:

4. flexer

I didn't know that the MS3 had that option. Was it an add on or come on the box already.

5. ashford

its in the software, no add on(unless a wideband is considered an addon) if afr goes leaners than is specified(^6X6 table) it shuts down the engine till user specified conditions are met. also it has an egt safety function if it gets too hot it adds fuel if it dont cool down it kills the engine

6. Turbohwagon

I like that the AEM gauge will actuate a solenoid that will allow you to drop the boost off using the waste gate and a simple vacuum/boost valve. It's cool MS3 has an option like this, but i'm not ok with the engine just shutting off mid pull.

7. ashford

it can be set up to trigger an output as well or both

safety.jpg #ad

safety.jpg #ad

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. brianj5600

I love my MS3/3x and have not even used it yet.

9. 77nomad

I have the gauge and the MS3X. I bought the gauge before the ECU but they pretty much do the same thing. They will both trip a output that can be configured to your hearts desire. I like the MS a bit better because it will pull timing and boost but the gauge can be set to do that with any ECU. The gauge can trigger a safe fuel map where you pull two degrees of timing and add fuel. Or just tell the MS do do the same. Both will wait to reset on a timer and or conditions are met. In the end both are very cool.

10. Brillko

Almost every ECU has that function. Its just using a conditioner. For example i uses it on my old AEM. IF AFR was out of my limit it will light a shiftlight bulb.

bridal-shoal