1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

aem wideband issues...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by rs88notch, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rs88notch

installed the wideband this morning. started the car let the guage sweep. did everything the manual said to do... start the car. at idle the AFR is peged out rich 10.0 drive the car around get into boost does not move.. 40psi of fuel vac off.. drop it to 35 vac off.. at idle still 10.0. get into boost goes to 10.4. drop the the FP to 32 vac off. AFR goes to 10.8-10.9.. im running 8psi, 42inj.. could it be that the car is running that rich should it want more fuel.. can there be something wrong with the guage.. what exactly does the calibration on the back of the guage do... any advice will help.. dont wanna hurt the motor... Thank you..

2. red95gts

3. rs88notch

pulled a plug last night was black so it was running rich. looked over directions everything is correct.. hopefully the guage is telling me the right AFR going to lean it out alil more today... and maybe hook up my MBC. :D

4. foxfan88

yeah if your fouling plugs its probably too rich like the WB says.
    the AEM WB units are pretty good. i have used one as well as all my friends and we have had great sucess with them.

5. rs88notch

it is set right out the box correct? you don;t have to touch the settings on the back of the guage correct? its set to P0..

6. foxfan88

leave it on P0 thats how they come.

all the adjustment screw on the back is to change the voltage outputs of the sensor. like if you going to datalog. take a look and the AEM instruction manual it explains it in more detail.

and yes its ready to go out of the box.