1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

aem vs megasquirt vs accel dfi 6 vs pms...help me decide

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by sagep, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sagep

O.k. guys I need help deciding what to go with. I really want the aem although even used one are still $1100 or so. Megasquirt around $350 but I want my car to run and drive great. I have seen a couple dfi gen 6 system for around $350 that I could use also. The pms works but im already SD and plan on staying that way. Plus I have seem some have to fight with the eec when just normal driving.

I want something I can run SD on with at least 42 lbs injectors. I had a deal going on an aem for 1100 if I can still get it I will. If not what does everyone recommend. I like the idea of megasquirt...kinda like linux...but I do not see alot of people running it well, maybe they just stay away from the boards.

2. BottleFed70

The megasquirt will do the job just fine.

It just takes more time and effort to get it installed in the 1st place. Personall, I'd go with the megasquirt..I love mine.

3. esahc

have you considered the holley commander 950? for your stated goals it more than fits the bill, you can buy te ecu new from summit for less than 600 bucks and make your own harness or buy one for about 250 bucks its speed density can run up to 8 high impedence injectors or 4 low imp,you can get an injector driver for 200 through holley that would drive 8 low imp or 16 high imp injectors for 200 it can be ran closed loop with wideband( about 200 bucks for innovate lc1 and is fully integratable to the 950) it is speed density and can be used with 1,2 or 3 bar map sensors, fully tunable, is compatable with tfi or late model hei,halll effect or crank trigger systems, can do internal datalogging and up to 4 external things, fan control, nitrous control and some other cool shit....... only real drawback is it is batch fire.

check this thread outhttps://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61219.0 the system is more than capable and you can be into it with injector driver,ecu, wideband and harness for less than 1500 bucks.

seems like alot of guys dont use this system but its a good system, i jsut bought one, engine still isnt built as im accumulating parts haha, i did alot of searching for the price its damn hard to beat :2thumbs:

4. TwoFastT3s

X2

5. rickyhaiber

I like my AEM better.

Plug it in, and no wiring/hassel. It also has more shit in it that you can tune than you'll ever need.

The AEM will be a great piece and get the job done perfectly.