1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM vs Innovate - Gauge style widebands

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by BoostedXpectations, May 15, 2006.

1. BoostedXpectations

I'm putting together a H/C/I turbo combonation which I plan on tuning w/ my new PMS. The more I read on here, the more I realize that a wideband is necessary if I'm to have any success tuning the combo. I've been noticing a few "new" gauge style wideband controllers which I like because of their simplicity and compact size, and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on either as far as their accuracy.

I'm torn between the Innovate XD-16/LC1, and the AEM 30-4100. Does anyone have any feedback on either?

Thanks,

- Colin

2. 94SVT

I haven't used either, but everyone I know uses the AEM and loves them. Good luck.

3. ziptie007

1 vote for the aem especially i9f your going to use a aem ecu

4. Turbo347cobra

1 more vote for the AEM, it is very easy to hook up!!

5. Speedtospare

Just purchased the Innovate XD-16/LC1 to go with my Gen VII setup.

6. Millhouse

I must say that the x-16 seems to be the cat's meow!!!

There are so many options with the damn thing'¦and you can use it for almost any function imaginable (egt's, water temp etc.). You can also program the led's to any color combination you feel fit.

I have not yet however been able to test it fully as my car is not currently running (no fault of the wideband).

7. liquidh8

I have the innovate LC-1 and it's a POS!! I am sending it back for the third time in 2 months, the controller keeps going bad. The first one was bad out of the box, the 2nd developed a flakey error, now this one the analog outputs crapped out, so I can keep it hooked to my ECU. Very dissapointed. Apperantly other are having issues as per their message board. >:(

8. BigRy

I have the XD1 and LC1 combo, and I have not had a problem, my car has been down for some time, but when it runs, which isnt too often the XD-1 works great.