1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM UEGO gauge installation and review

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Trentk, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Trentk

I added a new article on the AEM UEGO gauge. It is one of the best things you can have in your car IMO.

Just click on knowledge base from the menu above to find the article.

Thanks,

Trent

2. deevoc

Humor those of us that are somewhat dense. Is this a standalone from the EMS? Like basically can I buy this and hook it up without the ems system :shrug:

3. TurboNotch

standalone.. yes.

4. Trentk

Did you even read the article? Your question is answered in the article.

It is a wideband system with sensor, gauge and controller. You could install it on your lawnmower if you wanted.

5. rao

:tu:

That looks like a very nice piece. I am thinking about which wideband I want to use so the info is very timely.

6. TurboNotch

did you include instructions on how to do this in your writeup? I am worried my craftsman is running to lean.

7. Snipe656

Fine is definately running too rich, I am a little unsure if I can make a O2 sensor fit on its existing exhaust though. Plus I need a gauge cup colder for it.

oh yeah, anyone know if any plans of making this in 2 5/8ths?

8. TurboNotch

Its a gauge.. not a clock son.

9. Snipe656

No seriously, are there any known plans for a 2 5/8 version. I looked on the AEM site and just saw the mentioning of the smaller size.

10. TurboNotch

best bet is to ask on the forum

11. RICE ETR

I got one from Beau at Mental Addiction... :tu: ... and have had it in for about a week now. I love this thing... i was worried i wouldn't be able to see it in the daylight but i can see it just fine. I like the digital part... i was waiting for the dynojet WBC... glad i cancelled that order...... and the sweeping LED's are nice because i can see out the corner of my eye if the car goes lean or not.

12. zelone

I am very interested in this also, so this info is great. I am considering waiting for the Innovative add-on display to come out though, simply because of the data logging capability of that setup. It appears that the prices will be pretty close, by the time you add on all the options needed from Innovative. Anyone know if AEM will add data logging to their stand-alone meters in the near future? and for a not so big jump in price? If they had it, I'd probably place my order today.

BTW-Great article.

13. RICE ETR

The AEM outputs a 0-5V signal.... because the sensors on my engine use this same range, I am able to temporarily tap into my A/C pressure sender circuit and log A/F versus rpm after converting the voltage. Someone sent me info on how to do this for our cars.... might be able to do this for yours.

14. Trentk

zelone, you can datalog the UEGO gauge right now. It has a signal wire you can use to serial input into a laptop.
    Check the AEM forums for more.

Trent

15. zelone

cool, I will look into that. Thanks.