1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM tru boost controller

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by SN 94cobra turbo351w, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SN 94cobra turbo351w

ok so i had the car tuned and it didnt make the power i was thinking it should also car seems to have alot of turbo lag.i sent the convertor out cause it was to loose but it didnt change much car still feels the same.so today i was reading online some info about the aem try boost controller.so i was told that setting the crack pressure is ket to getting the car to spool correct.so im curious if anyone is using the aem tru boost controller and if so does the crack pressure make or brake the car?the guy was telling me it will make a huge difference by getting it set right

351w victor jr heads,spyder intake,f303 cam turbonetics 76mm turbo threw a c4compression is 9:1

2. SN 94cobra turbo351w

3. SN 94cobra turbo351w

spr is at 6 the spring its a jgs 50mm gate with with a 13psi spring but it only makes 10psi

4. SN 94cobra turbo351w

duty cycle is 72 or 75 cant remember right off hand all i know is from 10psi spring to 16.3 75% duty cycle seems like alot.i was told if i raise the crack that i might have to lower the duty cycle

5. SN 94cobra turbo351w

ok sounds good ill try that today....thanks

6. SN 94cobra turbo351w

its a 50mm JGS wastegate and its the heavy sprig they say its 13psi but all i see is 10.2 so do i set the crack basted off the 13 or the 10? also i hear getting this right will make the turbo spool quicker but will it change the overall numbers.it made 581 so will it maybe make more power or just spool quicker.

as for the person that set it up was the tuner.

7. SN 94cobra turbo351w

yea i know for 100% sure its the heavy spring.the spring that came with it was only 6psi and i had to order this spring.im going to mess with it now ill keep you posted....thanks