1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM Series 2 ems

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by blacksaleen95, Jan 20, 2009.

1. blacksaleen95

Not sure when the mustang ecu will be updated... but the series 2 sounds pretty good. Some of the other pnp boxes are going to be released soon, so the mustang one should be in the *near* future.

From the sounds of it they did this ecu right.. Hardware is completly different as well as the software. IMO an improvement from the current ecu and software... Word is the price will be close to what the series 1 boxes are.

series2ems.jpg #ad

2. Turbo_Baer

they should offer a trade in

3. blacksaleen95

there's been talk of something similar...but who know's if that will ever happen. The series 1 ems cannot be "updated" to series 2 because the hardware is totally different, so they say. My aem does what I need it to now, it'd be cool to have the low indy injector drivers right in the ems, along with the 8 coil outputs... I'll wait and see how these pan out, as well as the changes they make to the software. The new aem tuner software arcitecture is on par with some of the newer tuning software out there.... I use EFI live for my ls1 stuff and you can tell it's very similar. I think once they get the software situated, and add some of the logging features people have been asking about...it's going to be a tough ems to beat. Hell even now, with boost comp tuning I don't believe theres a better ems in it's price range.

4. blacksaleen95