1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AEM, LS2 Coils, Dwell Settings?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Turbofox89, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Turbofox89

Did a little searching and couldn't find what I was looking for. AEM doesn't really have a nice way to enter dwell times or anything like that. And I have a feeling that somethign may not be right with the settings. I did use the LS2 coil dwell wizard to get the base settings. But if those settings are like the rest of the base maps... Then there is a lot of room to be improved. I'm getting a little misfire at around 18-20PSI, currently using NGK-BKR5E plugs gaped to .023. It seems to pull good then starts to miss worse and worse. The car has always done this even with less boost. But with that gap and those coils I know it shouldn't have a problem at over 20psi.. So i'm looking into the dwell settings. I just know you can really mess things up if you change them to much. And i'd rather not beat the car up a 100 times to keep playing with it.
    So the question is. anyone running a similar setup, could I take a look at your tune or some screen shots of the dwell and other coil settings?

2. mjm8850

I don't have an answer for your situation, but I will probably be looking for the same info in a few months when I convert my AEM to LS coils. You may try moving this to the tuning section to see if you get more views from seasoned tuners. I have also found useful info on corral.net. There seems to be more AEM users there. Good luck.

3. Turbofox89

Hrmm, good idea. I'm not sure why I tossed this in here instead of that section. Brain fart lol

4. Turbofox89