1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

aem installed and having fuel pump signal issue...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by miamijdm, May 3, 2009.

1. miamijdm

hey guys, I installed an aem and got a nice tune. Next day went to the track and right on takeoff, my fuel pressure went to 0. We took it back to the pits and jumped the factory relay to give it straight power and the car fired right up. Made a hit and all was well. I talked to my tuner and we changed the trigger to a new one on the aem and ran a new wire to the fuel pump relay I have in the rear. All seemed well. I took the car around the block today and it left me stranded with no fuel pressure. I jumped the relay and the pump works. any thing I should look for? could I have a bad Aem?

2. boostedfoxbody

Kiko,

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, then the culprit is the factory relay. Replace it with a new one and see what happens. :noidea:

Best Regards,
    Mitch

3. miamijdm

Mitch, thanks for the response, but at first I thought the same thing. We ran a new TRIGGER wire to a seperate relay in the back and reprogramed the aem to tell it that it was for a fuel pump. After 2 min of driving the signal from the aem just dies!!! Can't stand this...

4. blacksaleen95

you don't have the output setup to shut off over a specific temp or anything right? Are you sure the output is configured correct? Seems weird that it would just cut out unless the output wasn't setup correct.

Log the parameter for whatever output is for the fuel pump so you can see if the aem is telling it to shut off, or if its another issue. Maybe try reloading the firmware if it continue to gives problems... are you v1.11 or v1.19?