1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

no wideband o2 correction and no close loop

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by blownmarkvii, Jul 13, 2005.

1. blownmarkvii

started up my car for first time ,after replacing wideband o2
    and calibrating sensor .

idels fine but it won't go into close loop ? sensor is working,
    my a/f is running 14.50 constant no changes .

close loop is nabled
    high rpm is 500
    low rpm is 400
    temp for turning on is 110 degrees

i know its something stupid

does any one have any ideas?

2. Don Bailey

Couple of ideas. In speaking with Mike Taylar @ FAST they are familiar with this occuring in certian bank to bank systems. This has occured more often when the exhaust was coated. It is usually resolved with an update in firmware and software. I have seen exhast leaks prevent the meter from reading anything meaningfull at less than 2500 RPM. On that particular car we had the firmware updated and the new software and all was well. They (FAST) also wanted the O2 sensor to verify the calibration was correct. I never got the straight answer as to what they changed but it all works fine now. MY guess is that the O2 calibration is not right. Call Mike Taylor and he should be able to get you some preliminary diagnostic checks that should save you some time.

3. blownmarkvii

thanks don ,

i did talk to mike at fast he said that i should ,send
    out ecu,wb02,back to them .

even though it was just there 3 weeks
    ago, and i got new sensor last week.

this sucks but taken me 3 years to build this car ,wats a couple
    more weeks

:( :rolleyes: oh well