1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AED Performance blow through carbs

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by biginchwindsor, Feb 6, 2007.

1. biginchwindsor

Does or has anyone tried an AED blow through carb on this site? If so, what were your feelings about these carbs?

2. nova1

never used there blow through but sold tons of them for alot of the dirt track racers here in town and they love them. if you call them talk to biscuit he'll set you up

3. biginchwindsor

No need to call Biscuit, as I work with him at AED. Trying to get some insight on anything that could help out business.

4. onefastermonte85

.. my carb went through aed.. Eh.. csu folks know more about it then aed. and aed is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i can keep going with this, buy a 800$ carb and put $500 into it, ridiculous..

5. biginchwindsor

So what was so wrong that you had to spend an additional $500? I am more than positive that if you would have called us, we would have been more than happy to try to help you out. Customer satisfaction is our main goal. If you buy one of our carbs and never call back if you are experiencing any problems, as far as we know you are a satisfied customer. Let us know what we can do differently to help make the consumer a better blowthrough carb. Please use only constructive criticism folks. No bashing please!

Thanks

6. onefastermonte85

i dont know ask powerhouse automotive in girard,pa they charged me $500 and all i knwo that was done is a new base plate, the needle seats, the fuel bowls, jetting, thats it.. Yet i paid that much.. They said aed charges that... Maybe AED should call them and find out why their over charging their customers for products and saying it sthe carb company i called csu they charged 250 for the same job, and it was all done possibly put jet extensions in, and the brpv, of course when i had it done brpv was just a theory bout 2 yrs ago.

7. Brent Davis

biginchwindsor, you gotta be a tad careful with the somewhat advertising. Site rules, that's all.

Speaking of AED, I order alot of small parts from there since I live here in Maryland and usually have it within a day. I talked to them a few years ago and they even offered me to come dyno my car there with their carb to get the carb set up right but I was already with CSU and let that be.

8. biginchwindsor

Brent, sorry if it looked somewhat as advertising. Just trying to see if anyone uses these carbs and if they do or have, what kind of improvements that we would be able to make.

9. Brent Davis

I am sure that you guys have the talent to make one. You install annular boosters and all that, just would need to be able to tailor the AF curve in the metering blocks. There was a guy on here a while ago that did use a AED 750 for blow-thru and was doing fine with it.

10. BlownShovel

I use some AED small parts. I buy them from a distributor as well Bouloc). The parts are good but I haven't used one of their complete carbs.
    Any Combo is going to need tuning. Kind of sounds to me like the local Performance shop gave you a "super tune" Basically charging you a couple hundred bux + parts to fine tune it a bit. timing, jets, AB's, PVCR, and their time.

Walt

11. SWT Racing

I've bought some small parts and some carb tools from AED in the past and they had great customer service. :2thumbs:

12. andereck

I looked the other day and today as well and can't find any mention of a blow through carburetor on the AED site.

13. Brent Davis

only if you ask them for it.

14. andereck

I see where they have a tube booster 2bbl so maybe they've reverse "engineered" a C&S.

15. Brent Davis

LOL. You saw that too hugh? Looks exactly like what C&S does for their aerosol units but they just don't have the billet stacks.

16. KINTARO

17. Boost Engineer

Several people I know in the Virginia area speak highly of AED.

Would think that with a little effort and a dyno they could be in the same ballpark as CSU but CSU in my mind offers a
    LOT for the little money they charge for the build-ups. Nothing I have seen from AED was ever inexpensive to own.

Tom V.