1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Advice on mounting fuel pump

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 4EyedTurd, Sep 23, 2008.

1. 4EyedTurd

I just got finished putting the sump in the gas tank and am looking at mounting the fuel pump. I've read about mounting it as low as possible to avoid starving the pump but I don't want it all hanging down and in view. It will be street driven 98% of the time here are some pics to give everyone an idea. What do you think?

P9230123.JPG #ad

P9230124.JPG #ad

P9230125.JPG #ad

2. shoebox1.1

use some sheet metal screws and run those into that black sheetmetal there.... :D JK. i have a magnafuel prostar 500 which from what i was told is pretty noisy. i mounted it on a aluminum plate that bolts to the rear framerail. it does hang down though level with the sumped outlet..

3. TurboSnake95

Why not just sell that pump and tank and go with the new Stealth kit from Aeromotive. This is what I will be doing as soon as I take my current Eliminator pump off, and switch it out for this Stealth tank and a built in Eliminator pump:

Filter's will be alot easier to change out also. Down side is that it cost's $1500 - $1700 just for the Tank/pump setup.

:2thumbs:

William

4. jeepwilson

I would try and mount it like you have it in the first picture.I wouldn`t think it would be starving it with either location especially using the sump tank.Anyways good luck!

5. MN Tony

Maybe Brett from Aeromotive can chime in... :angel:

6. Enginerd

Or just use a bone stock tank. ;)

7. TurboSnake95

Your twin Walbros mounted inside the tank? what type of Walbros? have any pics of the fuel setup? :2thumbs:

William

8. Enginerd

Nope, outside tank.

9. jeepwilson

How ever enginerd has his I guarantee it works that car is VERY FAST!Why don`t you enlighten us on your fuel setup in detail PLEASE?

10. Enginerd

Simple... Bone stock 93 tank, Paxton pickup tube, -10 line to Paxton filter, Y into each pump, Y into a single -8 line up to firewall, Y into -8 lines to each rail, -8 lines to SX regulator, single -6 return line. Stock gauge still works, don't have to open the trunk to fill up, etc. Also have a Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump that I turn on via switch whenever I run under 9.50's.

Rob