1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Advice on fuel system setup...Glenns Sleeper Tank & Twin Bosch 044's

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by BigTurboNotch, Sep 27, 2008.

1. BigTurboNotch

Advice on fuel system setup...Glenns Sleeper Tank & Twin Bosch 044's

Let me know what you think of this setup guys. Plan on running a glenns sleeper tank with -12 oulet on the tank to two, inline bosch 044 pumps, then -10 off the Y into the fuel rails. Plan on doing a -8 for the return. Setup is 347, gt-47-88 turbo, th400. Plan on making around 900 to the wheels maybe a little more. I plan on driving the car on the street about 60% of the time and track 40% of the time. I am a little worried about when the tank gets low and starvation issues that may arise. If anyone has any pics please post them up. Also, I have heard some people making a tank just like the sleeper tank, if so how did you make it? Thanks guys.

2. Drlee50

Re: Advice on fuel system setup...Glenns Sleeper Tank & Twin Bosch 044's

any reason you dont like this one:
    http://www.glennsperformance.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=65
    thats the one i run-- the return line feeds directly back into the sump. thats how they make it so it can be run nearly to dry. i ran mine down to E- the needle was on the center of the E line- there was less than 2 gal left- but i am not sure if it was possibly even less. it didnt cavitate or anything with stops and starts and going up hill etc. i was surprised.

3. BigTurboNotch

Lee, I am not sure whether or not to run a sumped tank or the sleeper thank. They are basically the same price so it doesnt matter, which ever one performs better. I have heard nothing but good things about the sleeper tank and have heard some bad things about sumped tanks.

4. Drlee50

fill me in! i had problems with my sock tank that had a sump in it, but this one is designed MUCH better than my other one was. my old one would cavitate with over 1/4 tank in it!

5. BigTurboNotch

I have read a few threads on here and on corral regarding the tanks. Im more curious to see how those bosch 044s will perform on the street and at the track and if they are capable of the power id like to make.

6. BigTurboNotch

I was planning on running the weldon 2035 with the voltage regulator but that combo is around $800 or so used and way more new, while one bosch 044 pumps flows 300 LPH at 43.5 psi (3 bar) and 200 lph at 73.5 psi (5 bar) and is good to 700 hp, as they claim.

7. BigTurboNotch

also, i plan on running 160 pound injectors, will the dual 044's be able to support the 160s?

8. Turbo_Baer

i have the sumped glens tank with 2 -10 feeds to 2 a1000 pumps and a -10 return up top. runs fine on 1 pump so far past 1/8th tank no hiccups or gauge fluctuation under hard braking

9. BigTurboNotch

thanks for the reply, any advantage to using the sumped tank over the sleeper tank?