1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What carb and size to use?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by DEEK, Mar 1, 2012.

1. DEEK

I have a 76mm turbonetics system, that I am going to put on my 331 stroker bored .30 over, with elderbrock 2.02 heads, Victor Jr. high rise intake, 9.1 comp. pistons and custom cam for a turbo or blower. I am not going to use to much boost as my bottom end is only good for 650 Hp! My question is, what size carb should i use, and what blow through carb would be the best? Holley, Demon, or something else?

2. Dave C

I'd use a 600 or 650 CFM for that kind of power.

3. M&M Turbochargers

:agree: i think a 650 would work good, if you do your own modds a lot of guys have used 650's,, lots of proven combos and data with the 650, 600 would work also just not as many combos using the smaller 600

4. DEEK

What would you guys go with, Holley or Demon?

5. Dave C

I'm in the minority, I know, but I'd use an Edelbrock. Most go with Holley though, and if Edelbrock carbs didn't exist, so would I.

6. 74Transistor

:2thumbs:

7. M&M Turbochargers

imo if this is your first blow through i would go with a holley style, not that you cant get an edelbrock to work , but if you

have problems with your holley style carb, odds are that more people have had the same problems and know how to fix/ help

with what ever problems you may have,, just my 2cents

i do have a 750 marine edelbrock style carb that i would like to use as a blow through carb one day

8. DEEK

Thanks for your imput! Thinking of going with the Holley, just because there is so many people using them!