1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking to change turbos

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Biscayniac, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Biscayniac

I would like to get some feedback from the more experienced people here in regards to upgrading the turbo on an engine I'm putting together. It's a 400+ cid small block and was previously running a GT47-88 and made 1200+ at the flywheel. Looking at a GT55-88 or a Precision X275 88. Anyone have any experience running either one of these turbos on a small block? If so, what were your results. Thanks in advance.

2. Biscayniac

Do you feel the X275 is superior to the GT55-88? I can pick up an X275 brand new for $2500.

3. yellowpony

Check out 1sicpny's build thread. He just purchased a x275, thing is monstrous.

Anthony

4. 1sicpny

i can get u a hell of a deal on the x275. pm me if interested, like anthony said it is huge.

5. yellowpony

Just got this bad boy in.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Anthony

6. Biscayniac

One thing I forgot to mention, this is going on a 415" SBC with 18deg heads in a third gen Camaro. Which X275 would be better on this combo, F or G trim?