1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Advantages of running an electronic boost controller over a manual one?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 99MustangGTman, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 99MustangGTman

My turbo kit came with a Greddy profec B-spec 2 boost controller, and from what i've seen these can sell for decent money. I would like to know if there is any real advantage to having an electronic one over a manual one, besides from being more convenient to set boost. I'd like to sell it and use the profit to invest in other parts I need for the build. Thanks for any advice!

2. stangman9897

3. 99MustangGTman

Wow! Very informative and detailed info in that thread, thanks for posting!

4. David Neibert

When installing the turbo system on my car, I went with a Turbosmart E-boost II electronic controller. I found it to be very complicated for how I used the car and after blowing the headgaskets because I accidentially had it on the race gas settings, I lost all confidence in it. After that and a few other unintended overboost experinces, I disconnected the vacuum hoses and installed a simple manual boost controller. Now I use the $500 plus eboost as a fancy boost gauge, and the boost doesn't change unless I twist the knob on the controller.

David

5. 302andsome

I have a plastic vacuum Tee fitting as my boost controller....just depends on what you plan to do with the car. You may only need a WG spring....