1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

WG fittings

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Sep 15, 2022.

1. vht

I'm planning on going with VS Racing 44 mm WG's. From what I see in the pics, they have a banjo type fitting with a nipple, can you use any other type of fitting where I can use something better than silicone hose? On the bottom I'd like to use hard line or stainless because we know what happens if you loose a hose from there.

2. KEVINS

Use what you want it's just a threaded hole.

ks

3. vht

I know that but is it ORB or what kind of threads are they? All the push loc I've seen are pipe threads.

4. KEVINS

Sorry, I don't remember. I just took the fitting off and recognized the thread when I saw it and ordered the desired fitting. If it's tapered you should be able to tell.
    More than likely if it's not tapered there will be a gasket/oring present.
    If it is tapered then there will probably be sealant on the threads.

Push loc's come in non-tapered threads too.

ks

5. ummduh

Edit: waste gate not bov. I can look when I get home if you still need to know.

6. Dsrtjeeper

It's NPT. 1/8" if I remember correctly. I used a 90* brass fitting with NPT threads on one end and something like a 1/4" nipple on the other.

7. vht

That would be great if it is, I thought that's what they were and then in the pic it showed what looked like a banjo fitting and bolt so that got me wondering. Just trying to plan stuff out before hand so I can have all the parts, thanks for the help.

8. Dsrtjeeper

The banjo fittings are also NPT.