1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

throttle body decision

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 10seclx, Aug 3, 2005.

1. 10seclx

here is anouther one of my stupid efi questions, as for a throttlebody which route is the best as for a built 347 that I am looking to run low 9's high 8's with it used to be a carb'd setup but switched to efi so I need to loose the carb and grab a TB so my question is run an elbow with a 95mm or get one of those carb look alike tb's and run a hat to it?? which one would be my best choice??

2. tininjun67

I've got a 1000 cfm holley if you're interested.(carb look alike) Back when I bought it Holley was pretty proud of them. I paid like 700 for the damn thing. Now they're under 500. I'd take 400. I'm changing set ups and can use the $ for other parts.

3. tom351

why spend $500+ (or $400^) for a 4 hole throttle body and put a $200 hat on it? theres no need for a good booster signal, spend a couple hundred on a regular TB and put an elbow on it...

4. Outlaw5.0

80mm-90mm will work fine if its turbo or blower.