1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Adjusting the HKS BOV

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by OrangeF150, Aug 2, 2005.

1. OrangeF150

How do you go about adjusting the HKS SSQV blow off valve?Mine dont have a screw on it but the older ones do.My BOV flutters when I let off the gas, I called HKS and they said that is how their valve is.I found some sounds clips online of the HKS SSQV and it is like ear peircing loud.Maybe it was because I am only @ 10psi for now and the ricer cars that were in the clips were pushing 15-20psi.Is there that much of difference in a BOV sound going from 10psi to 15psi?

2. Out50Stang

I have the same valve, its WAAAAYYY too small. With another valve the same size, along with the HKS I'm getting surge still.

That fluttery sound is probably compressor surge. I bought a Tial 50mm to go along with my HKS but thats not working right now.

3. OrangeF150

The SSQV is suppose to have a flutter to it.I called and talked to 3 different people at HKS.This valve is good up to 25psi they said.I have a few buds with Supras running this valve with no problems.

4. Out50Stang

How much volume can it flow though? Not much. I have a lot of tubing on the cold side which means a lot of air needs to be released. My valve doesn't flutter, it just whistles. You do know what compressor surge sounds like, right?

5. OrangeF150

Yeah,sounds like a naying horse right?

6. Out50Stang

Yup, your BOV is too small. Sounds liek your going through exactly what I did.

7. OrangeF150

Mine dont sound like a horse, just the nlow off makes sequential blow offs, I want one loud pshhh, so I am selling the HKS. :D