1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Adjusting Boost controller help?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by GHOSTOWLGRID, Apr 28, 2016.

1. GHOSTOWLGRID

I found this video:

I have a manual boost controller and a similar setup on my turbo.

How do I properly adjust the valve to set it for 12 PSI?

With enough pressure from my air compressor it will open, do I simply put the compressor line at 10 PSI and then turn it till it opens?

I tried to find directions for this but I haven't found anything that can help me.

2. HOMINIDTOOLMAKER

I just make slow adjustments and read my boost and manifold pressure gauges until I get what I want. I know, not very scientific

3. TomR

I used a pressure regulator for my paint spray gun to test and set mine. I just applied a little less than the target boost and adjusted the spring tension via the set screw until it was noticeably opening.