1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST O2 sensor issues.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by robfrey, Dec 7, 2008.

1. robfrey

We noticed that almost nobody was running FAST XFI at Orlando this year. The rumors are that O2 sensors are giving bad info and causing some burn-ups. We are currently seeing about a big difference between the chassis dyno O2 numbers and the FAST O2 numbers. Could be why I keep warping ex valves. Anybody else expeiencing this problem?

2. sulfadimas

FAST uses the same NTK sensors that most all aftermarket ECU manufacturers use. Beware of the rumor mill. There are several possible causes for discrepancies in O2 readings but we have not seen any consistent problem with this issue with our ECUs.
    David Page
    FAST

3. vwdave

What do you have your closed loop range set to? I have mine at 20%.

4. Otto J

Did you check and make sure the correct box is marked off for the o2 your using?
    Would you happen to have a gct and log file I can look at?
    Email them to if if so.
    I have seen a bad o2 but it just stayed at a fixed reading.

5. Craig Smith

I wish I had a dime for every complaint I ever got about differences between dyno O2 sensors and those on the EFI systems. I've done tons of testing on wideband control circuitry, sensors, log data, etc. and compared readings against sample gasses, known calibrations, $25K lab-grade Horiba systems and whatever else we had access to. My money is on the FAST system being right any day of the week. Rumors are often started by people without first-hand knowledge who need a scapegoat for their otherwise "unexplainable" problems.

6. robfrey

David,
    I understand about them rumor mills that is why I posted here to get to the bottom of this.
    Can you tell me how I can check to make sure I have the correct type chosen in the software. I remember something about this early in the set-up but I can't re-find that info.
    Please understand, I've been a champion of the FAST for a few years now and I sure would like to solve this problem so that I could go back to closed loop again.

7. robfrey

I've been staying away from closed loop. Can't wait to fix this so I can get back to it.

8. Otto J

email sent

9. robfrey

I did not get it yet. I also checked spam. Could you please resend. Thanks.

10. Otto J

I sent another did you get it?