1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LMA-3 "Aux Box" questions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Lightning Struck, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Lightning Struck

LMA-3 "Aux Box" questions

Just wondering if anyones using this datalogger? I'm hoping to get mine installed this weekend, and have a couple questions. I'm looking to datalog a couple existing sensors like IAT, ECT, and TPS. I'm wondering if I only have to connect to the CH + from the signal wire on the sensor itself? Or do I have to run wire for both the signal wire, as well as the ground to the Aux Box? I'm sure it would be best to run both to eliminate any noise, but was wondering what others have done.

Thanks!

2. 04AS

Re: LMA-3 "Aux Box" questions

I run an LM1 with the RPM convertor, but the idea is the same for the AuxBox... I log RPM, IAT, ECT, TPS, MAP and MAF v. Just tapped into the signal wire from the sensor. RPM convertor has a single ground which I grounded at the same point as the ECU ground. Didn't touch the actual ground wire for any of the sensors that have a dedicated ground wire (TPS and MAP).

Hardest part was setting up the custom look-up tables within LogWorks, particularly the GM MAP sensor for whatever reason... but since you have the AuxBox you have the built-in MAP, so you are golden there.

Working great for me and the LogWorks datalogging software makes setting up your MAF Xfer function very easy.

HTH.