1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ACELL gen 7 injector driver problems?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by cubicgator, Apr 13, 2007.

1. cubicgator

We have a ACELL gen 7 car that ran great on intital breakin and dyno tune then sat in trailer after dyno, went to start 5 injectors hung open and box wouldn't comunicate. called accell said only power surge or poor ground could cause a driver to short out. install tune in another box that is known good. checked all wiring and ground good. started car with new box ran perfect again. let sit over night went to starts injectors hung open again on 5 cyl just difrect cyl. box will not communicate rechecked wiring all ok.
    has anyone had a like problem with a gen 7 before ? 400 inch, 106, 160lb precision injectors, 105 tb, all good parts, crank trigger ignition with programable 7 box, we also made sure to keep digital box away from dfi when mounting.

2. 90F1R

a couple of years ago I had a similar issue, but the box was repaired & it was great effer after.. can it be something with the injector (shorted out)?

3. mtpturbo

If it happened twice, then I too would be suspicious of grounds/power surge. In my experience, a large percentage of problems people encounter with most any EFI system are due to install (wiring) issues. I always recommend running dedicated power and ground leads (of proper size) directly from the battery. Also, some boxes are better than others, but I would try to avoid running the battery charger (especially if using a 16V system) while the ECU is connected to the battery. Excessively high voltages can overload the internal voltage regulators and cook sensitive circuitry.

-Chris

4. cubicgator

The wiring job is by the book with stereo grade master wire and overkill power and grounds, 2 12vlt batteries with 100 amp mini alternator. was not jumped or charged either time. they said it would take a 200 vlt surge, its very frustating. our shop has put in multiple gen 7 systems and never a problem. the initial start and dyno went flawless was started many times over a 2 week period leeding up to dyno, made roughly 15 pulls got to 1058 at the wheels and put in trailer running perfect?????????????? now this

5. Craig Smith

Was it the same box that did it twice, or did it happen twice with two different boxes?

6. turbocuda

All my injectors will hang open if the voltage plummets...fuel pump relay will also hang...trust me, I know..gallons of fuel in the cylinders and oil..hydrolocked.

7. cubicgator

haven't been on in a couple days, it was 2 difrent boxes, rechecking ground and going for box 3,