1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel/DFI VIC (Variable Injector Controller) with Accel/DFI Gen 6?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Kobra, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Kobra

Hello everyone,

Just got my 72# low imp. Siemens Deka injectors and VIC box.

I am having a time getting this VIC installed. I got the install .PDF from the guy I got it from off Ebay, but it seems like it is for a stock ECU install.

Can anyone tell me how they put this on their Gen 6 system?

Seems like the injector harness connections are different. Accel/DFI is using a round gray 5-pin connector and the VIC has a rectangular 10-pin.

Any help?

Kobra

2. aslow306

I got a new injector harness with my vic. If I remember correctly there is one wire from the vic that plugs into where the orignal injector harness went into the main dfi harness. THen with the new harness it plugs into the 10pin from the vic. I had to lengthen the new injector harness cause I mounted the vic in the car. I am not sure if you can just convert the old injector harness connector so it fits the vic ??? hope I helped heres a pic of whee I put the vic. Car wasn't finished in this pic :D

3. Kobra

I'd need the pinouts for changing 5-pin/10-pin

I was told that on the 10-pin injector connector 8 pins run the injectors
    and 2 pins run to ground. What is what, I don't know. My current Accel/DFI Gen 6 injector wiring harness is the 5-pin round gray connector.

Anyone?

Kobra

4. my8950

You need the SEFI harness for your VIC. The VIC has 8 injector drivers where as the Gen VI only has 4...You can try to convert your Gen VI harness, but its probably a lot more work & trouble then getting the SEFI harness for the VIC...