1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel DFI Gen 6 or Anderson PMS

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1sicpny, Dec 31, 2006.

?

I was wondering what you guys think I would benefit from more.

1. Accel DFI Gen 6

41.7%
  2. Anderson PMS

58.3%
  1. 1sicpny

I can get the Accel DFI Gen 6 w/ the painless wiring harness with all the gm plugs and sensors with it for $800.00

Or

I was going to buy a new PMS system. I would be saving money with the accel kit since I don`t have to buy a mass air sensor.

just wondering what you guys think i would benefit more from, and how hard is it to tune with the gen 6. I know they say the pms is user friendly.

Thanks, Eric

2. Jay Meagher

If you are looking into standalone just step up and get a gen7. As it was explained to me the gen 6 is just too dated. If your under such a budget that 1600 is just not an option wait till it is.

If you are looking at budget systems I think that the Ford EPPC is a great route as it's a "write to" box with real logging and maps. The two PMS's I have tuned had issue with their idle contol with little support from Anderson Ford. Also make note that the EPPC has no PW outputs to run the IAC motor.

3. turbogt

I have a gen6 on my car and it works great. They have been used on motors up to 1000hp with no problems.

4. 1sicpny

turbogt how hard is it to tune with the gen6?

5. Craig Smith

1sicpny, PM sent

6. Jay Meagher

There is nothing wrong with the Gen 6 it's just a dated system. I just finished a Gen 7 install that was picked up used for $800. With many jumping on the BS3 bus there are good deals to be had on both the Gen 7 and the FAST systems.

7. 1sicpny

Craig Smith I pm`d you back.

yeah I think I might look around somemore. Thanks for the replys.

8. Robert1320

So what is wrong with Accel 6 or 7, in street car?

9. Craig Smith

OK, well I have two used FAST systems for sale, and a thing to note is that the Gen 6 is no longer being serviced by Accel. If you buy it and it's broke, you are SOL. If you are interested, please let me know and perhaps we could work something out. Thanks!

Robert 1320, nothing is wrong with either one in a street car. The Gen 6, as mentioned, is totally dated though. You need a pretty old laptop to run the software for it. The Gen 7 is a great system.