1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel Big stuff 3 Haltech or Aem

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Milf Hunter, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Milf Hunter

I have a 1970 mustang with a 427 and a twin turbo setup and a msd the car is a street car running 10 lbs of boost what do efi should i do i dont want to spend any more the 2500 on the setup. I have a haltech now in the car should and its not running right should i change over to accel big stuff 3 or aem
    Thanks

2. LowBoostinT76

Why not figure out how to make it run right with that haltech?
    Other than that Bigstuff3 is my choice.

3. Milf Hunter

Is the haltech crap dont people shy away from it ive asked 4 tuners about it and they dont like it turbo people li is telling me accel and another is telling me big stuff dosent big stuff come with more sensors than accel for around the same price?

4. blacksaleen95

aem's got my vote...

5. yellowpony

If you are near turbo people, put a DFI in it and take it to them.

Anthony

6. Milf Hunter

I think iam going with big stuff i just have to see if my msd 6a is going to up to the task or i might have to upgrade it to the 6al-2 has any one used this box with a big stuff setup? :ahah:

7. tonym

Accel thruster will run you 1500 with wieband. Call Chri sat EFI just over the border in CT to tune it. He did my turbo stang with the Thruster.
    http://www.efilogics.com

8. TeeJay

Either the BS3, FAST or Gen7 would be my choices. The Big Stuff 3 is my 1st choice though...

9. underpsi68

AEM would be my LAST choice.

10. blacksaleen95

what were the issues you had...

11. xr8tt

What type of Haltech...?? Its often what the tuner is experianced working with...
    MORE than the actual ECU !!!

12. Milf Hunter

Its a e6x i have no one willing to tune it and if they dont know how its fine i dont want them to blow it up. Iam going to buy a bs3 with a wideband and b done with it

13. underpsi68

Give JBE Racing off Pine Aire Drive a call. John used to tune Haltechs way back when. Maybe he will look at it.

14. Milf Hunter

Ok thanks ill try him if not its going on ebay

15. underpsi68

I think this is his # 631-243-1337 ask for John

16. Milf Hunter

are they still in bayshore?

17. underpsi68

Yes

3 Madison Ave Bayshore