1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Toyota 1ZZ-FE Low Boost Questions

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by TTF, Jan 26, 2017.

1. TTF

Hello,

I would please like some help with running low boost on a Toyota 1ZZ-FE engine. I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla with 65 000 miles on it. I have installed an intercooled Garrett T28 turbo on the stock engine. I would like to run very low boost, around 4 psi, untill I can build the engine. I have a 255 lph fuel pump, 550 cc injectors, Greddy Emanage Ultimate ems and a Turbosmart mech boost controller. I also have a boost gauge and an air/fuel gauge and would like to install an oil pressure gauge and maybe others as well. Is it possible to get 4 psi of boost and what would be the best way to achieve this? I have the boost controller set at the lowest setting, the boost gauge reads about 8 to 9 psi.

I saw this post: https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/356847-Tech-How-to-lower-PSI-on-internal-wastegate-actuator, are there also other options?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    TTF

2. Jeremy

If its internally waste gated the diaphragm/spring and actuator rod would need to be modified to lower boost. Also you can only go so low depending on gate size and flow.